Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels transform sunlight, a free and inexhaustible energy source, directly into electricity.
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) is a growing technology. They are made from semi- conducting materials such as crystalline silicon. They are quite often seen in garden lighting, calculators and traffic warning signs. Solar PV can also be used to provide free solar electricity to houses as well as for commercial and industrial applications. They should be located on a south-facing surface like a roof or on a frame on a flat surface.
Solar Photovoltaic panels have many installation options. These include on-roof, in-roof, flat-roof and ground mounted and there are also building integrated PV (BIPV) products available. It is possible to connect Solar PV systems to the grid and avail of a feed-in-tariff for excess electricity exported to the grid.
Advantages of Solar Photovoltaic (PV):
- Reduce Electricity Bills.
- Sell excess electricity to national grid.
- PV requires no fuel, produces no emissions and generates no waste.
- Electricity generated by PV displaces fossil fuel use which can be subject to volatile price changes and which has associated CO2 emissions.
- Maintenance free.
- Carbon credits to offset against a Carbon Tax.
Contact us today and we will work with you on your requirements to provide you with a customised Solar PV quote.